Friday, February 24, 2012

Look at This, Look at That!

Dr. Seuss has always been one of my storytellers and illustrators. In fact, he and I share the same birth date (March 2). When I found that out as a kid, I knew I had to be an artist. So I'm so excited to say I was lucky enough to create a few pieces for Gallery Nucleus' "Look at This, Look at That: A Tribute to Dr. Seuss" show opening next Saturday, March 3rd, 2012.

The first piece I created is a pop-up. I love doing layered pops, so thought it would be interesting to see if it could stand alone without a backing. So I wound up die-cutting out the entire outer area so it becomes like a pop-up sculpture. This is the first 'free-standing' pop-up I've ever created and it came out pretty cool! It will be available as a limited edition pop-up.




The second piece, or series of quills, I created is based off an old classic of Dr. Seuss'. I'm sure you can guess:

"One Fish"

"Two Fish"

"Red Fish"

"Blue Fish"

If you have a moment drop by Gallery Nucleus and check them out! The show runs March 3, 2012 - March 24, 2012.

Mar 3, 7:00PM - 11:00PM

No comments: