Saturday, May 9, 2009

100 Drawings in 100 Days (1-7)

I started this group on face book with people from my school. Our plan is to do 100 drawings in 100 days.

Each day I reveal one word for us to draw. Doing it this way will prevent us from skipping words b/c 'I can't think of anything.' The goal of this 'game' or assignment is to help practice our drawing skills as well as our ability to be creative.

The words range from things such as "cat" to "breathe again". So it's all about interpretation and there's no set drawing style so experimentation is open as well. Drawings can be really finished or just doodles if you don't have much time.

I do them at baseball card size: 2.5" x 3.5" mainly b/c it's small so less intimidating. Also because Strathmore makes paper this size and sells them in packets called, Artist Trading Cards.

I'll do an update each week of my drawings. So here is the first week's drawings.


Word 1: "Introduction"

Word 2: "Love"

Word 3: "Light"

Word 4: "Dark"

Word 5: "Seeking Solace"

Word 6: "Break Away"

Word 7: "Heaven"